According to the testimony of a person retained in Merksplas, a police escort came to the centre this Monday to pick up Arsen K, Chechen, in order to deport him to Moscow.
It was the first deportation attempt on him, and the presence of a police escort is therefore very uncommon.Appeal here
Arsen K had informed about the heavy risks he would incur if sent back to Moscow, following a “very long story of the war in Chechnya”; several dozens of years in prison.
One of his three sons being currently in the hospital, he asked to visit him before his deportation; which was refused to him.
Hence, Arsen left the centre between policemen and no one saw him since then. We also lost the contact with him.
His wife and three children are deprived of their husband and father, without hope of seeing him again.
Another example of the iniquitous, crual and immoral policy of our government; dehumanised and which dehumanises.
Arsen had been living here for more than 10 years. He was settled with his wife whit whom he had three children.
Being from Chechnya, he was sent back to a regime known for the bad treatments, tortures and summary executions of prisoners.
1 deportation, 3 orphans, 1 widow.
Why? For no reason except for figures in a table, and may be – which is pathetic- a few voices more at the next elections.
How long will we let them act this way?
- News from the detention centers in Belgium – June 18, 2021
- Abolish Frontex 09/06/2021
- All at the borders
- Attempted deportation on a FRONTEX charter flight on 26/05/2021
- COVID in closed centre in Vottem
- Closed centre 127 bis Audio : “COVID is a personal issue”
- ACTION on the cosed center for womans
- PODCAST LANCE PIERRE
- Hungerstrike in closed center 127 bis 29/04/2021
- ALERT: Forced eviction imminent on 03/04/2021: Deportation postponed
- Roundup in Waremme: when the municipality collaborates with the police
- Closed centre 127bis : 27 bis – Hunger strikes, self-injuries, screams of despair and anger on the rise.
- Mars 2021 : Repression at closed center of Merksplas
- Update Merksplas and testimonies from th detainees
- Call for support, massive hunger strike!
- 127 bis steenokkerzeel
- centre fermé
- centre fermé action
- CRA FRANCE
- Double peine
- Great Britain
- grève de faim
- Politiques migratoires
- SN Airlines
- Vols collectifs
- Audio testimonies
- Audio testimonies NL
- Collectieve uitzettingen
- Collective deportations
- Contributions extérieures
- Exilé.e.s en transit
- Expulsions collectives
- Expulsions en cours
- External contributions
- Externe bijdragen
- migrant in transit
- Migranten in transit
- Migrants in transit
- Migration policy
- News from elsewhere
- News from the centres
- Nieuws van de gesloten centra
- Nieuws van elders
- Nouvelles d'ailleurs
- Nouvelles des centres
- Ongoing deportations
- Politique migratoire
- Récits de luttes
- Struggle stories
- Témoignages audio
- Uitzetting aan de gang