According to the testimony of a person retained in Merksplas, a police escort came to the centre this Monday to pick up Arsen K, Chechen, in order to deport him to Moscow.
It was the first deportation attempt on him, and the presence of a police escort is therefore very uncommon.Appeal here
Arsen K had informed about the heavy risks he would incur if sent back to Moscow, following a “very long story of the war in Chechnya”; several dozens of years in prison.
One of his three sons being currently in the hospital, he asked to visit him before his deportation; which was refused to him.
Hence, Arsen left the centre between policemen and no one saw him since then. We also lost the contact with him.
His wife and three children are deprived of their husband and father, without hope of seeing him again.
Another example of the iniquitous, crual and immoral policy of our government; dehumanised and which dehumanises.
Arsen had been living here for more than 10 years. He was settled with his wife whit whom he had three children.
Being from Chechnya, he was sent back to a regime known for the bad treatments, tortures and summary executions of prisoners.
1 deportation, 3 orphans, 1 widow.
Why? For no reason except for figures in a table, and may be – which is pathetic- a few voices more at the next elections.
How long will we let them act this way?
- Audio testimony: ‘NO, I don’t want to leave’.
- Detention and pressure versus solidarity and resistance in the Detention Centres for Migrants.
- Stop deportations: Campaign
- « They killed a woman, not her struggle »
- Rebellion at the 127 bis wing R 30/06/2020. Call to the media
- Double penalty or banishment : a peculiar method of racism!
- Closed centre: “Why this treatment? We need answers” 19/06/2020
- Call for action – 20th of June – World Refugee Day – UPDATE VIDEO
- News from the centres and deconfinement alertA 03/06/2020
- Saved just in time, a young Syrian girl escapes the Belgian authorities’ push back
- Words by a retainee in the closed centre in Bruges
- Escape attempt in Merksplas and news from Bruges
- Forgotten of the Covid-19: A group of undocumented people demand immediate regularization
- NEWS FROM VOTTEM : The Foreigners Office is relentless!
- Audiotestimony from closed centre in Bruges “Our fate is between your hands” 08/04/2019
- 127 bis steenokkerzeel
- centre fermé
- centre fermé action
- Double peine
- Great Britain
- grève de faim
- Politiques migratoires
- SN Airlines
- Vols collectifs
- Audio testimonies
- Audio testimonies NL
- Collectieve uitzettingen
- Collective deportations
- Contributions extérieures
- Exilé.e.s en transit
- Expulsions collectives
- Expulsions en cours
- External contributions
- Externe bijdragen
- migrant in transit
- Migranten in transit
- Migrants in transit
- Migration policy
- News from elsewhere
- News from the centres
- Nieuws van de gesloten centra
- Nieuws van elders
- Nouvelles d'ailleurs
- Nouvelles des centres
- Ongoing deportations
- Politique migratoire
- Récits de luttes
- Struggle stories
- Témoignages audio
- Uitzetting aan de gang